Aside from the COVID-19 pandemic, a key theme of 2020 has been diversity and inclusivity. This two-part update addresses this theme in detail
Anthony Collins Solicitors is a market leading firm within our specialist sectors, including social housing, private clients and the wider third sector. Based in Birmingham and now Manchester, we have a national client base and a team of lawyers, secretaries and support staff who are genuinely passionate about the work that they do. Our approach is built upon long term relationships with clients be they internal or external.
We are seeking to recruit an experienced HR Advisor on a 9 to 12 month maternity cover contract. This is a great opportunity to work in a distinctive firm, relational with a strong emphasis on supporting and developing people and teams.
Your specific responsibilities will include:-
- Working alongside departments on all people-related issues, demonstrating a proactive, business-partnering approach.
- Providing clear HR advice and/or coaching to line and department managers in day to day management and development of staff and through people policies, processes and systems regarding induction, performance, conduct, employee relations, welfare, development and exit.
- Promoting and encouraging a positive culture and engaged workforce in all interactions with staff and managers – proactively helping managers consider actions that work towards ensuring staff are healthy, empowered, motivated and retained.
- Taking responsibility for recruitment activities, including clarifying the requirement for the vacancy, supporting the case for authorisation, writing and reviewing job descriptions, placing advertisements, selecting candidates including short-listing and interviewing and securing job offers.
- Taking responsibility for HR and firm projects as determined in line with priorities and team resource.
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of HR through their experience. You will possess a “can do” attitude, be able to multi-task with excellent interpersonal skills and an innovative and creative approach. We are looking for a real team player.
If you want to find out more about the role please feel free to speak to Catherine Edwards, HR Manager on 0121 212 7484.
Anthony Collins Solicitors LLP is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Covid-19 has resulted, on the whole, in a marked co-operation between contracting authorities and their suppliers as everybody focuses on maintaining delivery as far as possible.
Employment Tribunal rules in favour of claimants in minimum wage case – has the interpretation of “working time” changed?
As we enter a recession, we have been here before, and a key question is what did we learn and how can we benefit from that learning?
It is anticipated that as lockdown restrictions ease, and particularly with children and young adults returning to education, cases of meningitis will start to rise.
As we continue to emerge from lockdown measures and deal with local measures and the short and long term economic impact of Covid-19, local authorities will need to re-assess how services will be delivered for years to come.
The Government first announced plans for a shared ownership right to buy in October 2019. At the time the sector raised concerns about the impact the plans would have on housing associations ability to borrow. An election and a pandemic later the Government announced, during the CIH Housing Festival last week, the return of the right to shared ownership as part of its Affordable Homes Programme (AHP).
Two final pieces of the possession jigsaw have been published on 15 September 2020. Mr Justice Knowles’ working group on possession proceedings has issued its guidance on the “overall arrangements” for possession proceedings.
One change proposed by the Building Safety Bill is the introduction of a duty holder regime, which will see statutory responsibility for the safety of higher risk buildings placed on key individuals
Throughout this pandemic, the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) has been publishing various “Statements on Coronavirus” (Statements) which provide guidance on consumer rights during this time.