The Lifeline Project was a well-regarded charity. Failure to carry out the targets within the contracts led the charity into insolvency and resulted in a personal, 7-year disqualification order.
Anthony Collins Solicitors is a market leading firm within our specialist sectors, including social housing, private clients and the wider third sector. Based in Birmingham and now Manchester, we have a national client base and a team of lawyers, secretaries and support staff who are genuinely passionate about the work that they do. Our approach is built upon long term relationships with clients be they internal or external.
We are seeking to recruit an experienced HR Advisor on a 9 to 12 month maternity cover contract. This is a great opportunity to work in a distinctive firm, relational with a strong emphasis on supporting and developing people and teams.
Your specific responsibilities will include:-
- Working alongside departments on all people-related issues, demonstrating a proactive, business-partnering approach.
- Providing clear HR advice and/or coaching to line and department managers in day to day management and development of staff and through people policies, processes and systems regarding induction, performance, conduct, employee relations, welfare, development and exit.
- Promoting and encouraging a positive culture and engaged workforce in all interactions with staff and managers – proactively helping managers consider actions that work towards ensuring staff are healthy, empowered, motivated and retained.
- Taking responsibility for recruitment activities, including clarifying the requirement for the vacancy, supporting the case for authorisation, writing and reviewing job descriptions, placing advertisements, selecting candidates including short-listing and interviewing and securing job offers.
- Taking responsibility for HR and firm projects as determined in line with priorities and team resource.
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of HR through their experience. You will possess a “can do” attitude, be able to multi-task with excellent interpersonal skills and an innovative and creative approach. We are looking for a real team player.
If you want to find out more about the role please feel free to speak to Catherine Edwards, HR Manager on 0121 212 7484.
Anthony Collins Solicitors LLP is an Equal Opportunities Employer
On 23 July, trainees from Anthony Collins Solicitors will host an ‘experience day’, which will involve various activities and presentations, with lawyers and non-lawyers from across the firm.
The Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) has launched a new scheme specifically for charities and not-for-profit organisations who want to advise EU citizens on UK settlement.
In the second part of our series on contract management pitfalls, we look at the risks and opportunities presented by payment mechanisms in construction contracts.
Under most construction contracts, the contractor takes on the ground conditions risk. However, a recent case has demonstrated that the risk can fall on the employer.
The UK Government has been consulting on how it should promote social value in its procurements. Here is our response that we submitted to the consultation...
The Tenant Fees Act 2019 came into force on 1 June 2019.
A recent case in the Court of Appeal will no doubt bring a sigh of relief for employers, but a corresponding sigh of disappointment may be uttered for equality and gender balance in the workplace.
This briefing assists response to the consultation paper by outlining the consultation questions, providing some background information and prompting some thoughts and potential answers.
A report published on 29 May by the Institute for Fiscal Studies (IFS) has found that since 2009-10, local government spending on services has fallen on average by 21% in real terms.