The Law Commission published its report on Technical Issues in Charity Law in September 2017 following a public consultation.
Anthony Collins Solicitors is a market leading firm within our specialist sectors, including social housing, private clients and the wider third sector. Based in Birmingham and now Manchester, we have a national client base and a team of lawyers, secretaries and support staff who are genuinely passionate about the work that they do. Our approach is built upon long term relationships with clients be they internal or external.
We are seeking to recruit an experienced HR Advisor on a 9 to 12 month maternity cover contract. This is a great opportunity to work in a distinctive firm, relational with a strong emphasis on supporting and developing people and teams.
Your specific responsibilities will include:-
- Working alongside departments on all people-related issues, demonstrating a proactive, business-partnering approach.
- Providing clear HR advice and/or coaching to line and department managers in day to day management and development of staff and through people policies, processes and systems regarding induction, performance, conduct, employee relations, welfare, development and exit.
- Promoting and encouraging a positive culture and engaged workforce in all interactions with staff and managers – proactively helping managers consider actions that work towards ensuring staff are healthy, empowered, motivated and retained.
- Taking responsibility for recruitment activities, including clarifying the requirement for the vacancy, supporting the case for authorisation, writing and reviewing job descriptions, placing advertisements, selecting candidates including short-listing and interviewing and securing job offers.
- Taking responsibility for HR and firm projects as determined in line with priorities and team resource.
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of HR through their experience. You will possess a “can do” attitude, be able to multi-task with excellent interpersonal skills and an innovative and creative approach. We are looking for a real team player.
If you want to find out more about the role please feel free to speak to Catherine Edwards, HR Manager on 0121 212 7484.
Anthony Collins Solicitors LLP is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Changing charitable purposes and amending governing documents.
Charity registration financial thresholds.
One of the stated aims of the Green Paper is “to deliver the best commercial outcomes with the least burden on the public sector".
The proposals concerning dynamic purchasing systems (DPS) and framework agreements are the most disappointing aspect of the Green Paper.
Family team partner, Elizabeth Wyatt, is delighted to congratulate Kadie Bennett for attaining Resolution Specialist Accreditation in both children law - private and complex financial remedy matters.
On 11 February 2021, the Pension Schemes Act 2021 was given royal assent, setting out a framework for several major changes that will certainly be of interest to employers and pension funds alike.
Matthew Wort, partner, speaks on today’s Supreme Court judgment for sleep-in shifts.
The Supreme Court has today (19 March 2021) handed down judgment in the cases of Royal Mencap Society v Tomlinson-Blake and Shannon v Rampersad (t/a Clifton House Residential Home).