Volunteers are often the bedrock of charitable organisations, but they are not protected from sexual harassment within those organisations.
Anthony Collins Solicitors is a market leading firm within our specialist sectors, including social housing, private clients and the wider third sector. Based in Birmingham and now Manchester, we have a national client base and a team of lawyers, secretaries and support staff who are genuinely passionate about the work that they do. Our approach is built upon long term relationships with clients be they internal or external.
We are seeking to recruit an experienced HR Advisor on a 9 to 12 month maternity cover contract. This is a great opportunity to work in a distinctive firm, relational with a strong emphasis on supporting and developing people and teams.
Your specific responsibilities will include:-
- Working alongside departments on all people-related issues, demonstrating a proactive, business-partnering approach.
- Providing clear HR advice and/or coaching to line and department managers in day to day management and development of staff and through people policies, processes and systems regarding induction, performance, conduct, employee relations, welfare, development and exit.
- Promoting and encouraging a positive culture and engaged workforce in all interactions with staff and managers – proactively helping managers consider actions that work towards ensuring staff are healthy, empowered, motivated and retained.
- Taking responsibility for recruitment activities, including clarifying the requirement for the vacancy, supporting the case for authorisation, writing and reviewing job descriptions, placing advertisements, selecting candidates including short-listing and interviewing and securing job offers.
- Taking responsibility for HR and firm projects as determined in line with priorities and team resource.
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of HR through their experience. You will possess a “can do” attitude, be able to multi-task with excellent interpersonal skills and an innovative and creative approach. We are looking for a real team player.
If you want to find out more about the role please feel free to speak to Catherine Edwards, HR Manager on 0121 212 7484.
Anthony Collins Solicitors LLP is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Here at Anthony Collins Solicitors, we have been hard at work advising a charity client, BICMP, on its new music project, ‘Resonance’.
Currently, the only ground for divorce is irretrievable break down of a marriage. Following a consultation, the Government has announced its intention to reform the legal requirements for divorce.
The UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) has recently made some noteworthy changes to its guidance around data subject access requests (DSARs).
In the fourth part of our series on contract management pitfalls, we look at the risks arising out of varying the terms of construction contracts.
A local authority recently received a "roasting" by the Pensions Ombudsman for their delay in processing an employee’s ill-health retirement pension, following her diagnosis with advanced cancer.
The Times is looking for three or four charities to feature in their editions running in December 2019 and early January 2020.
Cliff Mills defines and talks about the importance of social value in his blog, and its potential within Greater Manchester.
Following a power outage at Anthony Collins Solicitors’ (ACS) Birmingham office, our employees and partners currently have limited functionality, including no access to emails.
Joint ventures present an opportunity for housing associations to build organisational capacity, the revenues from which could help deliver on wider social housing commitments.