Under most construction contracts, the contractor takes on the ground conditions risk. However, a recent case has demonstrated that the risk can fall on the employer.
Anthony Collins Solicitors improves lives every single day. However, the drive for progress continues. As we build the firm’s presence in the North West and increase our national profile, we need help from people who share our ambition for social purpose.
For the first time Anthony Collins has opened an office in Manchester, and with that an exciting opportunity has arisen to join the firm as an Office Co-ordinator. The successful candidate will be a key cog in our wheel, responsible for providing legal, secretarial and administrative assistance, as well as supporting Solicitors on a variety of tasks.
As the lead administrative presence in the Manchester office, you will be responsible for a wide range of tasks that can include offering support to a Partner in their day to day role, to dealing with facilities issues and liaising with third party providers. Therefore, we are looking for somebody who not only shares our values, but who is willing roll up their sleeves and support our fee earners in a variety of ways.
You will be responsible for the following;
- Responsible for the smooth administrative running of the Manchester office and providing a link between Manchester and our head office in Birmingham;
- Ensuring regular communication with fee earners to discuss work requirements and offer administrative support;
- Proactively liaising with clients and third parties to chase on a variety of financial and compliance tasks;
- Diary management for fee earners, including appointment booking and travel arrangements;
- Handling of incoming phone calls, taking sufficient information and escalating it to the appropriate fee earner or department;
- General administration, including filing, scanning and the supervision of client flies;
- Assist in, and undertake, legal research.
Strong candidates will have experience of;
- Excellent organisation, co-ordination and time management skills;
- Excellent communication skills and the proven ability to develop effective working relationships;
- Highly proactive and ability to work with minimum supervision;
- Strong IT skills, including experience with Microsoft Office programmes;
- Working in the legal sector (desired).
Interested to find out why Anthony Collins Solicitors is for you?
Click the link below to hear from Natalie Barbosa, our first hire into the Manchester office, to find out why she has joined the firm:
Anthony Collins Solicitors is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
The UK Government has been consulting on how it should promote social value in its procurements. Here is our response that we submitted to the consultation...
The Tenant Fees Act 2019 came into force on 1 June 2019.
A recent case in the Court of Appeal will no doubt bring a sigh of relief for employers, but a corresponding sigh of disappointment may be uttered for equality and gender balance in the workplace.
This briefing assists response to the consultation paper by outlining the consultation questions, providing some background information and prompting some thoughts and potential answers.
A report published on 29 May by the Institute for Fiscal Studies (IFS) has found that since 2009-10, local government spending on services has fallen on average by 21% in real terms.
A long-awaited decision of the Court of Appeal has clarified that a lower standard of proof should apply than previously thought before an Inquest can return a conclusion of suicide.
New regulations come into force on 1 June 2019, amending the Section 21 (s21) prescribed form template for use with assured shorthold tenancies.
In a challenging economic climate with continuing budget cuts and increasing expectations of staff, sickness absence remains an ongoing problem that is important to address.
Social housing providers will routinely have a number of construction projects underway at any one time. It is essential for client teams to understand and avoid key contract management pitfalls.