It is anticipated that as lockdown restrictions ease, and particularly with children and young adults returning to education, cases of meningitis will start to rise.
Anthony Collins Solicitors improves lives every single day. However, the drive for progress continues. As we build the firm’s presence in the North West and increase our national profile, we need help from people who share our ambition for social purpose.
For the first time Anthony Collins has opened an office in Manchester, and with that an exciting opportunity has arisen to join the firm as an Office Co-ordinator. The successful candidate will be a key cog in our wheel, responsible for providing legal, secretarial and administrative assistance, as well as supporting Solicitors on a variety of tasks.
As the lead administrative presence in the Manchester office, you will be responsible for a wide range of tasks that can include offering support to a Partner in their day to day role, to dealing with facilities issues and liaising with third party providers. Therefore, we are looking for somebody who not only shares our values, but who is willing roll up their sleeves and support our fee earners in a variety of ways.
You will be responsible for the following;
- Responsible for the smooth administrative running of the Manchester office and providing a link between Manchester and our head office in Birmingham;
- Ensuring regular communication with fee earners to discuss work requirements and offer administrative support;
- Proactively liaising with clients and third parties to chase on a variety of financial and compliance tasks;
- Diary management for fee earners, including appointment booking and travel arrangements;
- Handling of incoming phone calls, taking sufficient information and escalating it to the appropriate fee earner or department;
- General administration, including filing, scanning and the supervision of client flies;
- Assist in, and undertake, legal research.
Strong candidates will have experience of;
- Excellent organisation, co-ordination and time management skills;
- Excellent communication skills and the proven ability to develop effective working relationships;
- Highly proactive and ability to work with minimum supervision;
- Strong IT skills, including experience with Microsoft Office programmes;
- Working in the legal sector (desired).
Interested to find out why Anthony Collins Solicitors is for you?
Click the link below to hear from Natalie Barbosa, our first hire into the Manchester office, to find out why she has joined the firm:
Anthony Collins Solicitors is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
As we continue to emerge from lockdown measures and deal with local measures and the short and long term economic impact of Covid-19, local authorities will need to re-assess how services will be delivered for years to come.
The Government first announced plans for a shared ownership right to buy in October 2019. At the time the sector raised concerns about the impact the plans would have on housing associations ability to borrow. An election and a pandemic later the Government announced, during the CIH Housing Festival last week, the return of the right to shared ownership as part of its Affordable Homes Programme (AHP).
Two final pieces of the possession jigsaw have been published on 15 September 2020. Mr Justice Knowles’ working group on possession proceedings has issued its guidance on the “overall arrangements” for possession proceedings.
One change proposed by the Building Safety Bill is the introduction of a duty holder regime, which will see statutory responsibility for the safety of higher risk buildings placed on key individuals
Throughout this pandemic, the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) has been publishing various “Statements on Coronavirus” (Statements) which provide guidance on consumer rights during this time.
A recent increase in COVID-19 cases in the UK means new measures are being put in place in an effort to reduce the risk of a second wave. Whilst the impact of COVID-19 continues to be felt, it is important to remain focused on the sector’s road to recovery.
Sometimes half an hour at a conference gives you the reality that has been staring you in the face all along. That was my experience watching “Change is on the Horizon”
Following our recent e-briefing on Possession Notices, Helen Tucker and Emilie Pownall from our housing litigation team discuss the impact of the changes on social landlords.
Not only has the possession stay been extended until 20 September, the notice periods to be given to tenants has been extended in certain circumstances with some important exceptions.