From 6 April 2020, the practice direction that governs statements of truth for witness statements and statements of case is changing.
Anthony Collins Solicitors improves lives every single day. However, the drive for progress continues. As we build the firm’s presence in the North West and increase our national profile, we need help from people who share our ambition for social purpose.
For the first time Anthony Collins has opened an office in Manchester, and with that an exciting opportunity has arisen to join the firm as an Office Co-ordinator. The successful candidate will be a key cog in our wheel, responsible for providing legal, secretarial and administrative assistance, as well as supporting Solicitors on a variety of tasks.
As the lead administrative presence in the Manchester office, you will be responsible for a wide range of tasks that can include offering support to a Partner in their day to day role, to dealing with facilities issues and liaising with third party providers. Therefore, we are looking for somebody who not only shares our values, but who is willing roll up their sleeves and support our fee earners in a variety of ways.
You will be responsible for the following;
- Responsible for the smooth administrative running of the Manchester office and providing a link between Manchester and our head office in Birmingham;
- Ensuring regular communication with fee earners to discuss work requirements and offer administrative support;
- Proactively liaising with clients and third parties to chase on a variety of financial and compliance tasks;
- Diary management for fee earners, including appointment booking and travel arrangements;
- Handling of incoming phone calls, taking sufficient information and escalating it to the appropriate fee earner or department;
- General administration, including filing, scanning and the supervision of client flies;
- Assist in, and undertake, legal research.
Strong candidates will have experience of;
- Excellent organisation, co-ordination and time management skills;
- Excellent communication skills and the proven ability to develop effective working relationships;
- Highly proactive and ability to work with minimum supervision;
- Strong IT skills, including experience with Microsoft Office programmes;
- Working in the legal sector (desired).
Interested to find out why Anthony Collins Solicitors is for you?
Click the link below to hear from Natalie Barbosa, our first hire into the Manchester office, to find out why she has joined the firm:
Anthony Collins Solicitors is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
At Anthony Collins Solicitors, we realise it is a challenging time for churches who will be supporting members of their church and its community.
The Government has published Guidance for landlords undertaking right to rent checks during the Coronavirus (covid-19) pandemic.
The Coronavirus Act does not change the need to comply with the Mental Capacity Act (MCA) or the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS) regime.
During the Coronavirus outbreak, the health and safety of employees and members of the public are paramount.
The Civil Courts have now released a list of their priorities for housing enforcement work.
Following a fortnight of announcements and proposed legislation regarding employment and furlough, here's our latest update.
The Electrical Safety Standards in the Private Rented Sector (England) Regulations 2020 will apply to all new specified tenancies from 1 July 2020 and all existing tenancies from 1 April 2021.
We've been producing ebriefings and advice about covid-19 where we can, and we've issued a lot this week. If you've missed any, we've compiled them here.
Late last night (26 March) the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government (MHCLG) issued a guidance note regarding Court Service.