The monthly round-up from the Anthony Collins Solicitors charities team.
Anthony Collins Solicitors improves lives every single day. However, the drive for progress continues. As we build the firm’s presence in the North West and increase our national profile, we need help from people who share our ambition for social purpose.
For the first time Anthony Collins has opened an office in Manchester, and with that an exciting opportunity has arisen to join the firm as an Office Co-ordinator. The successful candidate will be a key cog in our wheel, responsible for providing legal, secretarial and administrative assistance, as well as supporting Solicitors on a variety of tasks.
As the lead administrative presence in the Manchester office, you will be responsible for a wide range of tasks that can include offering support to a Partner in their day to day role, to dealing with facilities issues and liaising with third party providers. Therefore, we are looking for somebody who not only shares our values, but who is willing roll up their sleeves and support our fee earners in a variety of ways.
You will be responsible for the following;
- Responsible for the smooth administrative running of the Manchester office and providing a link between Manchester and our head office in Birmingham;
- Ensuring regular communication with fee earners to discuss work requirements and offer administrative support;
- Proactively liaising with clients and third parties to chase on a variety of financial and compliance tasks;
- Diary management for fee earners, including appointment booking and travel arrangements;
- Handling of incoming phone calls, taking sufficient information and escalating it to the appropriate fee earner or department;
- General administration, including filing, scanning and the supervision of client flies;
- Assist in, and undertake, legal research.
Strong candidates will have experience of;
- Excellent organisation, co-ordination and time management skills;
- Excellent communication skills and the proven ability to develop effective working relationships;
- Highly proactive and ability to work with minimum supervision;
- Strong IT skills, including experience with Microsoft Office programmes;
- Working in the legal sector (desired).
Interested to find out why Anthony Collins Solicitors is for you?
Click the link below to hear from Natalie Barbosa, our first hire into the Manchester office, to find out why she has joined the firm:
Anthony Collins Solicitors is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
In this ebriefing, we identify what we see as the key messages arising from recent prosecutions in the care and housing sectors.
A recent High Court case on costs could prove essential reading for clients who have cases in the magistrates' courts.
The employment and pensions team offer practical advice on whistleblowing.
Partners, David Alcock and Sarah Patrice, have been involved in reviewing the new Code of Governance for community-led housing, published on 21 May 2021 by the Confederation for Coop Housing.
Following the eviction ban being lifted on 31 May 2021 and further to our previous ebriefing, the new notice of seeking possession forms are now available on the Government website as Word versions.
The European Court of Justice's standpoint on the Wiener Wohnen landowning developer case, and how the level of influence over the work did not amount to a decisive influence.
The Law Commission's Technical Issues in Charity Law report revealed that many charities struggle with a range of technical issue in the law.
The Law Commission recommended four key changes to the law in respect of mergers and the incorporation of charities which we have detailed in this ebriefing.
Over the last few weeks, we have published individual ebriefings on some of the key changes to be implemented following the Government’s response to the Law Commission’s report.