The UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) has recently made some noteworthy changes to its guidance around data subject access requests (DSARs).
Anthony Collins Solicitors improves lives every single day. However, the drive for progress continues. As we build the firm’s presence in the North West and increase our national profile, we need help from people who share our ambition for social purpose.
For the first time Anthony Collins has opened an office in Manchester, and with that an exciting opportunity has arisen to join the firm as an Office Co-ordinator. The successful candidate will be a key cog in our wheel, responsible for providing legal, secretarial and administrative assistance, as well as supporting Solicitors on a variety of tasks.
As the lead administrative presence in the Manchester office, you will be responsible for a wide range of tasks that can include offering support to a Partner in their day to day role, to dealing with facilities issues and liaising with third party providers. Therefore, we are looking for somebody who not only shares our values, but who is willing roll up their sleeves and support our fee earners in a variety of ways.
You will be responsible for the following;
- Responsible for the smooth administrative running of the Manchester office and providing a link between Manchester and our head office in Birmingham;
- Ensuring regular communication with fee earners to discuss work requirements and offer administrative support;
- Proactively liaising with clients and third parties to chase on a variety of financial and compliance tasks;
- Diary management for fee earners, including appointment booking and travel arrangements;
- Handling of incoming phone calls, taking sufficient information and escalating it to the appropriate fee earner or department;
- General administration, including filing, scanning and the supervision of client flies;
- Assist in, and undertake, legal research.
Strong candidates will have experience of;
- Excellent organisation, co-ordination and time management skills;
- Excellent communication skills and the proven ability to develop effective working relationships;
- Highly proactive and ability to work with minimum supervision;
- Strong IT skills, including experience with Microsoft Office programmes;
- Working in the legal sector (desired).
Interested to find out why Anthony Collins Solicitors is for you?
Click the link below to hear from Natalie Barbosa, our first hire into the Manchester office, to find out why she has joined the firm:
Anthony Collins Solicitors is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
In the fourth part of our series on contract management pitfalls, we look at the risks arising out of varying the terms of construction contracts.
A local authority recently received a "roasting" by the Pensions Ombudsman for their delay in processing an employee’s ill-health retirement pension, following her diagnosis with advanced cancer.
The Times is looking for three or four charities to feature in their editions running in December 2019 and early January 2020.
Cliff Mills defines and talks about the importance of social value in his blog, and its potential within Greater Manchester.
Following a power outage at Anthony Collins Solicitors’ (ACS) Birmingham office, our employees and partners currently have limited functionality, including no access to emails.
Joint ventures present an opportunity for housing associations to build organisational capacity, the revenues from which could help deliver on wider social housing commitments.
Residents are now unable to make applications to prohibit landlords from seeking to recover the cost of legal proceedings through the service charge on behalf of other residents, without consent.
Natalie Barbosa summarises some of the legal challenges facing fundraisers in the charity sector.
We hosted a breakfast roundtable with Insider Midlands magazine that had attendees from a range of organisations addressing housing needs in the Midlands. The discussion explored JVs in more detail.