Anthony Collins Solicitors are presenting a series of podcasts with employees to raise awareness about disabilities around the firm.
Our personal injury and clinical negligence team has an envious national reputation and is consistently ranked as a leading department in its field by Chambers UK and Legal 500. There is now a need to recruit a part time costs lawyer on the basis of a 25-30 hour week and on an initial 18 month fixed term contract, on the conclusion of which there is a possibility the role can be extended or made permanent.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Preparation of detailed costs budgets in accordance with court directions and timetable;
- Preparation of detailed bills of costs, schedules for agreement, estimates of costs, statements of costs for summary assessment and Legal Aid Agency claim forms relating to Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence claims;
- Drafting Replies to Points of Dispute and entering into costs negotiations;
- Lodging/submitting bills and claims for assessment by the courts or Legal Aid Agency as appropriate;
- Providing advice and support in relation to costs and funding to fee earners as needed;
- Attending and undertaking advocacy, where appropriate, at detailed assessment and costs management hearings.
Strong candidates will have experience of:
- Previous experience in a legal costs role;
- Knowledge of costs law and practice;
- Knowledge of the Legal Aid Agency Costs Regulations;
- Ability to understand and formulate legal argument;
- Excellent IT skills, including CostsMaster software.
Answering key questions about the details and practicalities of mandatory vaccinations in care home settings.
Anthony Collins Solicitors (ACS) has appointed a new partner to its market-leading social housing property team.
On 7 September 2021, the Regulator of Social Housing (RSH) published its annual consumer review.
From today (1 October 2021) there is yet more change on the possession front!
We are delighted to secure our position as a top-tier firm in five of our practice areas in the Legal 500 2022 edition.
This virtual event is an introduction to employee ownership.
Helen Tucker has been appointed a deputy district judge (DDJ) for the Midlands Circuit and will start sitting part-time in county courts from early 2022.
The monthly round-up from the Anthony Collins Solicitors charities team.
The CQC will conduct reviews on a monthly basis of all of the information they hold about services and will use these reviews to prioritise its activity.