Our experienced team of procurement solicitors guides community organisations through the process of procurement, procurement challenges and state aid.
Procurement is the process of buying or selling goods, works or services and we assist community organisations to deliver or bid for publicly funded projects where compliance with EU and domestic law surrounding public procurement and state aid is required.
The Public Contracts Regulations 2015 (PCR 2015) are relevant to clients who are bidding for public contracts or must themselves run a PCR 2015 compliant procurement process, for example under the terms of a funding agreement.
We understand that ensuring a compliant procurement process can be daunting and the complexities of PCR 2015 can make it challenging. Our procurement team has extensive experience in working with community organisations to navigate the complexities of PCR 2015, ensure compliant procurement processes, improve consistency of in-house procurement, update staff on changes to the law and provide specialist advice for a procurement of a less-than-usual contract.
At Anthony Collins Solicitors we work in partnership with you, as a community organisation, to understand the procurement challenges you are facing when buying or selling works, services or goods. We will also advise you on state aid and help you avoid the risk of ‘claw back’ of funds, which can arise when there is unlawful state-aid use.
Many of our clients in the social-business sector are looking to maximise the positive impact they can have on society and their communities in the process of developing, regenerating and maintaining our built environment. We are the legal pioneers of securing community benefits through contracts and helped Chris White MP with the Public Services (Social Value) Act 2012.
Our leading work supporting public-sector clients in delivering social value means we are well-placed to help you achieve the same in your projects. We will work with our you when bidding for public-contract opportunities to identify how you achieve social value in bid responses in order to improve your prospect of winning public-sector opportunities.
For those buying in works, services and supplies this means working with clients to identify social value objectives before procurement starts and ensuring it is delivered through careful design of the procurement process and documents.
Our public-procurement and state-aid service
At Anthony Collins Solicitors our experienced procurement team regularly work with co-operatives and mutuals, social enterprises and commercial organisations to provide advice and support on all aspects of public procurement and state aid, including:
- Providing Pre-procurement advice on soft-market testing and delivering social value.
- Advising on the choice of procurement process under PCR 2015, including the use of framework agreements and “buying clubs”.
- Drafting and advising on PCR-compliant procurement documents and underlying contracts.
- Supporting with bidders’ clarification questions and tender evaluation.
- Running full tender processes, including complex processes such as those involving negotiation or dialogue.
- Advising on the possibility of contract negotiations and variations after contract award.
- Empowering in-house teams through training or drafting procurement policies and toolkits.
- Advising on procurement challenges.
- Reviewing funding streams to highlight and mitigate state-aid risks.
- Advising on de Minimis declarations.
- Advising on the application of exemptions and notifications to the Commission.
- Reviewing and negotiating state-aid conditions within funding agreements.
- Providing strategic advice on avoiding state aid through competitive selection of suppliers.
Our latest articles
So, the results are in. The gamble of calling an early election has blown up spectacularly in Theresa May’s face, but at the time...
The purpose of this short e-briefing is to highlight a recent Opinion of the Advocate General about subsidiaries of contracting authorities.
The Joint Contracts Tribunal (JCT) continues to release its 2016 suite of construction contracts in batches, with the latest batch released on 30 March...
Happy New Year to all of our clients and colleagues within procurement and construction. The New Year brings an opportunity to review your processes...
Anthony Collins Solicitors' Beulah Allaway reviewed the Framework Alliance Contract (FAC-1) published earlier this year, with references to existing frameworks.
Some 18 months after the introduction of the Public Contracts Regulations 2015 (the “Regulations”), the Crown Commercial Service (“CCS”) has published new guidance on...
To receive invitations to our events, as well as information and articles on legal issues and sector developments that are of interest to you, please sign up to Newsroom.