So, the results are in. The gamble of calling an early election has blown up spectacularly in Theresa May’s face, but at the time...
Our experienced team of judicial review solicitors can advise and support councils and local authorities with all aspects of judicial review.
We use our extensive legal and sector knowledge to work in partnership with councils and local authorities who are either facing a challenge themselves, or who wish to challenge a decision of, for example, the Secretary of State or, increasingly, a decision about health provision. It is always best to try and resolve disputes through mediation or other alternatives to court proceedings - but it may not always be possible. When mediation isn't successful, you need to consider starting the process of bringing a judicial review claim. It has to be done within three months of the decision being made.
How we can help local authorities and councils with judicial reviews
At Anthony Collins Solicitors, our specialist team of judicial review solicitors use their extensive sector knowledge to help councils and local authorities to bring and defend judicial review claims.
Our judicial review services include:
- Advising councils and local authorities on whether they have grounds for bringing a judicial review claim.
- Advising councils and local authorities in respect of whether they have a defence to a judicial review claim.
- Supporting councils and local authorities to bring a judicial review claim.
- Supporting councils and local authorities to defend a judicial review claim.
- Obtaining permission from the Court for an application to be made.
- Representation during judicial review court proceedings
- Advice throughout the process.
We have been recognised for the work we do
“Steady as she goes”, might have been the motto for the Chancellor’s speech yesterday. But this was a speech drained of options and courage...
We are proud to announce the release of our 2016 Annual Report.
Over the past few years, there has been a substantial increase in the amount of commercial properties that become occupied by squatters.
Managing your reputation has never been as important, and the approach of “it won’t happen to us” and “keep calm and carry on” just...
On Monday 6th July 2015 West Midland council and business leaders launched their version of the pop hit “I’ve got a brand new combined...
To receive invitations to our events, as well as information and articles on legal issues and sector developments that are of interest to you, please sign up to Newsroom.