In what has been a veritable deluge of data protection-related developments, we now have in our midst, a brand-new, homegrown iteration of data protection legislation; the Data Protection Act 2018.
You will hold many types of personal information about your staff, your pupils and third parties with whom you engage. Understanding your duties and obligations is essential to avoid breaches, harmful publicity and penalties.
Our expert team has extensive experience of providing practical, pragmatic advice on a wide range of information law issues and also offers data protection audits and on-site training tailored to your particular needs and to make sure that any data sharing complies with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998. Whether you are looking for support in relation to how best to protect against data loss, storing and processing personal information, data subject access, freedom of information requests or on any other information sharing and data protection issue, our team has a wealth of practical experience and knowledge to offer you.
- Data Protection Act 1998 – advice on all aspects of compliance with the DPA, including agreements for data processing, sharing and storage including cloud computing.
- Policies and procedures – including advice on website terms and conditions of use, privacy notices and cookies policies.
- European regulations – we draft and review contractual, licensing and services agreements to ensure compliance with European data protection regulation.
- Auditing – we offer a range of training and audit services, supporting education providers with developing their arrangements for data protection, privacy and data breaches.
- Freedom of Information – we provide advice on dealing with subject access and freedom of information requests.
- Training and seminars – we provide a wide range of bespoke training, on-site and at our offices, on data-protection, information and cyber security.
Anthony Collins Solicitors has supported us through the thorny area of data protection and subject access requests. They've provided excellent support and guidance, reassuring staff and helping us to meet our legal obligations with confidence.Jo Baker, Head of Operations, Diocese of Coventry Multi Academy Trust.
I've had my eyes opened to a range of data protection situations where I needed to tighten up my procedures. Thank you, it was very helpful.Training course attendee.
Jane Burns is clearly incredibly knowledgeable in this field, but talks in a very accessible and relatable way.Training course attendee.
Helping teachers as people
As a teacher, or a professional working in the education sector, there are multiple issues that you may face. Whilst we do offer advice about educating children from a variety of backgrounds in a safe and caring environment, we also offer advice to you as an individual. We understand that the pressures and numerous challenges facing those in charge are not always classroom based.
Education is one of our core sectors. This allows us to combine our specialist subject knowledge and experiences with our personal approach to individual cases. Our clients tell us that the service they receive from us is unique, and we believe this comes directly from our commitment to the purpose of our firm: 'to improve lives, communities and society’.
To receive invitations to our events, as well as information and articles on legal issues and sector developments that are of interest to you, please sign up to Newsroom.