We are proud to announce the release of our 2016 Annual Report.
Our expert team has extensive experience of advising on a wide range of construction and capital project issues, including obtaining regulatory and stakeholder approvals, the political drivers for funding streams and the need for tight project and risk management to ensure that the provision of education isn't disrupted.
We advise across the breadth of organisations engaged in construction and capital projects in the education sector, including education providers, local authorities, building contractors and consultants. As a consequence, we have developed a wealth of practical experience and knowledge to offer you.
In addition to our experience of putting the right contract and arrangements in place, we have significant experience of advising on dispute resolution and the management of claims handling, having successfully advised numerous organisations on handling and settling claims. Our experience ranges from small-value disputes to complex high-value claims and all forums for dispute resolution, including adjudication and arbitration, expert determination, mediation and court proceedings, allowing us to provide you with effective, expert support, regardless of your circumstances.
- Construction and engineering contracts – we draft, review and negotiate all standard and bespoke forms of contract and construction security documents.
- Construction due diligence – for both purchases and leases of commercial property.
- Dispute and claims resolution – our expert team is available whenever you require support with claims handling and the management of disputes.
- Cost v. risk analysis – we provide reports to identify and explain your rights and remedies under contracts.
- Advice on the Priority Schools Building Programme – now known as ‘PF2’.
- Training – we provide a comprehensive range of training, including general workshops and interactive sessions on standard-form contracts, to more focused training on specific issues areas and contract management.
Helping teachers as people
call the service specialist on 0121 214 3513
As a teacher, or a professional working in the education sector, there are multiple issues that you may face. Whilst we do offer advice about educating children from a variety of backgrounds in a safe and caring environment, we also offer advice to you as an individual. We understand that the pressures and numerous challenges facing those in charge are not always classroom based.
Education is one of our core sectors. This allows us to combine our specialist subject knowledge and experiences with our personal approach to individual cases. Our clients tell us that the service they receive from us is unique, and we believe this comes directly from our commitment to the purpose of our firm: 'to improve lives, communities and society’.
We have been recognised for the work we do
The Joint Contracts Tribunal launched its 2016 editions by releasing the JCT Minor Works Building Contract 2016 (“the Contract”), including the version ‘With Contractor’s...
We are now only 10 days away from the EU Referendum that poses a difficult question to the British public – Remain or Brexit?...
A recent case has established that a “spreadsheet” sent to the Employer by the Contractor was not an application for payment under the Construction...
When the new Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 (“CDM 2015”) came into force on 6th April this year, the new role of Principal...
Few of us anticipated that we would not be watching the throes of coalition negotiations, but instead the certainty of a Government programme, just...
To receive invitations to our events, as well as information and articles on legal issues and sector developments that are of interest to you, please sign up to Newsroom.