Our approach to working in the health and social care sector
At Anthony Collins Solicitors, we understand that in challenging financial times for the health and social care sector you need innovative, practical and commercial solutions to continue to deliver your social purpose.
Working in partnership with health and social care providers
Our clients tell us they come to us because they get:
- Sector knowledge;
- Shared values;
- Innovative solutions;
- Cost certainty; and
- Fast response.
They were timely, responsive, creative and willing to go the extra mile.Chambers & Partners Directory 2016.
- We care about helping you achieve your goals;
- We have a depth and breadth of understanding that makes a real difference;
- We want to build relationships for the long-term;
- We’ll provide solutions that enable you to get on with your day job;
- We understand crisis management issues can’t wait, so you’ll get a fast response;
- There won’t be any surprises on costs; and
- We are committed to getting involved in issues that affect the sector.
…personable, friendly, aware of the commercial issues and cost parameters we work with in the sector and how they impact on the way we use legal advice, the decision making and risk management in our processes.Raina Summerson, CEO, Agincare.
We're committed to the health and social care sector
We have an unrivalled knowledge, national influence and wealth of experience within the social care sector. We are also committed to supporting the development of policy and legislation affecting the sector. With strategic partnerships with sector bodies such as National Care Forum (NCF), Care England, UKHCA (United Kingdom Homecare Association), Learning Disability England, and Carers Trust we understand what excellent looks like for our clients, and we support and deliver on those expectations.
At Anthony Collins Solicitors, we understand that in this difficult economic climate, you are being asked to deliver more for less. We have the depth of resources to help you with:
- Regulatory - Where regulators are acting inappropriately, is your response robust enough?
- Mergers - Do you have a trusted team that can support you through your transaction?
- Property development - Are you building tomorrow’s care facilities and need fast, practical development advice today?
- TUPE support - Are you taking a rigorous enough approach to TUPE and negotiating appropriate employment and pension protection arrangements on transfer?
- HR - Do you have a clear people strategy?
- Funding - Do you need assistance identifying innovative funding solutions, or negotiating funding arrangements with your commissioners, to further develop your services?
- Governance - Do you need support developing a future-proof governance model that enables you to show that the organisation is well-led?
- Dispute resolution - Are you in a dispute with your commissioners, suppliers or have a difficult service user matter, that could be resolved with input from experienced dispute resolution professionals?
- Crisis management - Do you have a crisis management plan for when a critical incident takes place?
- Service user rights - Are your decisions consistent with Human Rights and Mental Capacity Act principles?