Anthony Collins Privacy Statement
Anthony Collins Solicitors LLP ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. If you are a client of the firm, the whole statement is relevant to you, otherwise only parts of it will apply.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), we are the data controller of personal data we hold about you.
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is David Hall.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Your contact details.
- Information that you provide to us to confirm your identity when you first instruct us.
- Information contained in emails or other correspondence from you and records of telephone calls or meetings with you.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through us and of the fulfillment of our services to you.
- Details of your visits to our site (including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise) and the resources that you access.
- Your interests and preferences so we can select what briefings and event notifications we send you.
Where we store your personal data
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- For the purposes of general administration.
- To provide you with advice and carry out your instructions.
- To issue bills and arrange payment with you.
- To provide you with information about events, products or services, legal updates and news that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To conduct appropriate anti-fraud or credit reference checks
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To perform bookings and associated administration when you book to attend any of our events.
We will also use your data in order to carry out identity and credit reference checks and otherwise to comply with our obligations under anti-money laundering legislation, which may include disclosure to the Serious Organised Crime Agency in some circumstances. We may also be obliged to disclose personal information about our clients to the Solicitors Regulatory Authority and certain other regulators. We may also disclose your contact details and details of our invoices to you to tracing agents debt collectors and courts.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at www.anthonycollins.com.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this privacy statement are welcomed and should be addressed to: email@example.com