LocationAnthony Collins Solicitors, 134 Edmund Street, Birmingham B3 2ES Get directions
Book your place£50 + VAT
Free for clients
Who will be there?
Gayle Monk (Associate) and Sarah Lines (Senior Associate) at Anthony Collins Solicitors, procurement lawyers who both speak regularly on EU procurement and related topics alongside procurement officers, legal advisers and others working in contracting authorities and organisations bidding for public contracts in a range of sectors.
What is it about?
The Public Sector Procurement Directive that comes into force in 2014 is the biggest change to EU procurement law since the previous modernisation a decade ago. This session will provide an introduction to the essential parts of the new Directive, including:
- changes to the definition of “contracting authority”;
- what procedures to use under the new rules - new procedures that will be available, and changes to the existing procedures;
- the new regime for services – saying goodbye to Part A and Part B, and hello to the “light touch regime” for limited services;
- prequalification and selection under the new rules – use of experience in the process;
- changes to tender evaluation – including social and environmental considerations; and
- electronic procurement and provision of tender documents.
Why should I attend?
- You either bid for, or procure, public contracts and want to understand the fundamentals of the new EU procurement rules before they come into force;
- You have key or significant procurement exercises coming up and need to understand the procedure you will use; or
- You are a consultant advising clients on EU procurement procedures.
A “Part 2” session on the new EU procurement Directive is scheduled for 2nd July, and you are invited to attend either or both of these sessions.
To receive invitations to our events, as well as information and articles on legal issues and sector developments that are of interest to you, please sign up to Newsroom.