LocationAnthony Collins Solicitors LLP Get directions
Book your placeFree Event
The recent Whitepaper ‘Education Excellence Everywhere’ confirmed the government's intention that, by the end of 2020, all schools will be academies or in the process of becoming academies and that the vast majority of these schools will form or join a MAT.
At the same time academies with two or three years’ successful operation under their belts are also looking at the MAT model to secure their long-term stability and sustainability. Finally, growing MATs need to keep on top of the latest thinking to ensure they keep ahead of the game.
The Workshop will address the ‘nuts and bolts’ of how to become and grow a successful MAT, including:
- How to capture your vision and ethos and then translate this into a ‘School Offer’.
- Getting the right legal structure in place.
- Financial planning and how to avoid the common pitfalls
- Understanding and resolving HR and employment issues.
- Establishing a ‘fit for purpose’ Board of Governors for your new MAT.
Who will be there?
The Workshop will be relevant to Heads, Governors, Bursars and Business Managers as well as:
- Schools and groups of schools considering conversion.
- Established Academies.
- MATs already on the journey.
- Sarah Smith, Diocesan Director of Education – Diocese of Birmingham
- Chris Whittington, Head of Education – Anthony Collins Solicitors
- Phil Watts, Senior Associate, Education Team – Anthony Collins Solicitors
- James Monk, Associate, Education Team – Anthony Collins Solicitors
- Alison Wood Head of Education Finance Services – Entrust
What others say
“Attend it if academisation is even remotely on your radar… which it should be!”
“It was thought provoking. Led by knowledgeable tutors who ensured I had confidence in their presentations and views. Pacey – kept me engaged throughout the day.”
“A must! Even if you don’t want to explore MATs, it’s worth hearing about how all schools will be steered and in what duration.”
Can’t attend this date? We are also running one on Friday 6th May 2016.
For more information
Please call either your existing contact at Anthony Collins Solicitors or Diocese of Birmingham or speak to Chris Whittington, Head of Education, on 0121 214 3661 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To receive invitations to our events, as well as information and articles on legal issues and sector developments that are of interest to you, please sign up to Newsroom.