We value all our clients and we aim to resolve any concerns or complaint you may have about our service quickly and to our mutual satisfaction. We want to deal with your concerns fairly and therefore need time to provide a considered response.
We will always endeavour to:
- acknowledge in writing your complaint or concern within three working days of receiving it;
- provide you with our formal response within four weeks of receipt or, if unable to do so, we will send you a letter explaining why and what will happen next, and
- resolve your concerns or complaint within eight weeks of receipt.
One of our Partners, Stephen Dalling, investigates all complaints and we keep central records that are reviewed regularly to monitor trends and individual performance. We always view complaints from a client perspective keeping the following objectives in mind:
- To ensure consistency of service standards
- To ensure that the reasonable expectations of the firm's clients are met
- To address client concerns promptly, fairly, openly and effectively
Where to send your complaint
If you wish to make a complaint please contact Stephen Dalling, preferably in writing at the address below, keeping a copy of the correspondence for yourself:
Anthony Collins Solicitors LLP
134 Edmund Street
The Legal Complaints Service
If you are still not satisfied, you can contact the Legal Ombudsman at PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ about your complaint.
When contacting the Legal Ombudsman, please note:
- Any complaint to the Legal Ombudsman should usually only be made after we have issued our formal written response to your complaint or we have already had eight weeks to resolve it.
- Any complaint must be referred to the Legal Ombudsman within six months of the date of our formal written response to your complaint.
- The problem must have happened on or after 6 October 2010 or, if the problem happened earlier than that, you must not have been aware of it before 6 October 2010.
- The complaint must be made no later than six years from the act/omission or three years from when you should reasonably have known there was cause for complaint.
For further information, you should contact the Legal Ombudsman at the above address or on 0300 555 0333 or at email@example.com
Alternative complaints bodies such as Pro Mediate exist which are competent to deal with complaints about legal services where there is agreement to do this between a client and their solicitor. We do not agree to use of an alternative complaints body because complaints about law firms can be referred to the Legal Ombudsman.